- Identify when to provide performance feedback to the team member.
- Use observable behaviors, facts and data to support your performance feedback.
- Provide S.M.A.R.T. performance feedback (specific, measurable, attainable, results-oriented and time-framed).
- Use positive feedback to motivate team members.
- Involve the team member in the evaluation and discussion of his/her performance.
- Use the Providing Performance Feedback Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member.